Monday, November 21, 2011

Celebrating Christmas 2011

Christmas with the Greens 2011 is just right around the corner! I am so excited to make some new memories with my one year old son & my husband. Yesterday, we all went to see the Christmas parade in our very TINY, small, little town. What surprised me was...it was a big parade! Awesome cars, band, the Christmas queen, police cars, the boys & girls scouts, Chick-fil-a cow, llams and lots of candies were thrown everywhere. Conner picked up a few & had a small lollipop. We saw Santa Claus on a fire truck! It was fun but very cold! Then we bundle up and drove 45 minutes to a Bass Pro shop located inside a mall. Conner got a free photo with Santa Claus. He didn't even cried at all. Hios very first photo with Santa! Then we ate at Johnny's Rocket for lunch. YUM! We got Conner a balloon because he loves balloons, of course! We shopped for a few presents then stopped by at a pottery store. I got to paint an ball ornament for our family Christmas 2011. I painted it red with bright green polka dots and had Conner's handprint on it. I hope it turns out cute when it's all done baking.

Then we stopped by at Starbucks for their specials B1G1 free drinks! Whoohoo! I got my dad a drink since BG doesnt like coffee. We head over to my parents' house to help move a heavy driving lawn mower. We ordered a pizza and rent a movie, hung out with Mimi & Opa. It was a lot of fun! Yes, it was a very busy day but we made good memories! I can't wait to get our Christmas tree out and decorate them this week. I don't know yet where we will put it becuase I'm kinda nervous that Conner will get into it. He is already handful and has 'sticky hands'. He likes to touch everything. :/

Oh I also have a great blessing! We are FOR SURE going to Michigan for Christmas!!!! Finally! We had been trying to go for the last few years but something always came up. It will be mine & Conner's first Christmas with the Greens' extended family. We have to be back on the 26th because of work schedule. So please pray for our safe travels. Thankfully, we will have enough time to see my little brother Zach who will be home for Christmas. Christmas 2011 is gonna be a busy one!

What will your Christmas be alike this year? I hope you will still remember that no matter where you are, Jesus's birth is a very good reason to celebrate Christmas. I hope it will be a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment