Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Welcome to Lowell, Michigan!

If you ever heard of "Pure Michigan", it's all true. It is a very beautiful state! Brian and I hope to live there someday. So what about the town of Lowell, Michigan? BG was born in Grand Rapids & grew up in Lowell, MI. It's about 20 minutes east of Grand Rapids. When I first visited Lowell for Thanksgiving, I thought it was such a cute little town. I was smiling for ear to ear when my friend (now my husband) showed me around. He showed me his school, intro me to his families, places where he hangs out with his childhood friends, his church and we can't forget that super store Meijier. I was told by my Michigan friends that its better than Walmart. I like it. haha! They do have their own little pharmacy store. They have the best candies, especially sea foam! I want some now!

Lowell has a wonderful character, lots of cute charms and a warm personality. The people knew each other by name. The locals are a big fan of Red Arrow Lowell's high school football team. When I said "big fan", I mean they are really a BIG FAN of them! Football is a top favorite sports. There a river that cuts into town. They even have their own showboat and a local train track nearby. In the Fall, the maple trees change into a vibrant bold colors of red, orange and yellow! It only lasts a week or two before the leaves fall to the ground. Their snow is so light & beautiful but firm enough to go sledding. The river sometimes freeze hard enough to walk on it. There is more to Lowell than it meets the eye. I hope one day, my kid(s) will come to love visiting their grandparents in Lowell, MI.!

Fallasburg Covered Bridge near Lowell, Michigan

Downtown Lowell, MI

Lowell High school, the home of the Red Arrows

Fall colors
showboat

Only in Michigan, you can get the best sea foam candy!

Brian & me in Lowell, MI.!

3 comments:

  1. You make me giggle. Some people want to get out of Lowell because it's to small. I was one of those people and then I went to TTU. After being in Chattanooga for two and a half years, I decided that I wanted to be back in Lowell. I like the small town feeling. Now I live in the bush of Alaska which is smaller then Lowell. Hopefully there will be a day that you and BG and James and I can all be in Lowell at the same time. Hopefully by then James and I will have some kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah, I like small town feel. I always like to go on a road trips to find local small towns near Chattanooga. BUT I do love cities like Chattanooga. I think I can live in a small town only if it's close to a big city. That fits me well. Hopefuly, one day we will all be together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you are making me homesick! A very good description of Michigan!

    ReplyDelete