Tuesday, April 19, 2011

6 Months Check-Up

Today was a wonderful day! My mom and I took Conner back to the doctor for his routine check-up. Of course, he is at that age where he recognize faces or not. The the nurses and a doctor who has been seeing him ever since he was born are very nice. He would be happy with my mom, me and a person then suddenly realized that he does not know the nurses (or doctor). He would start to make a crying face, it was cute though. No joke.  

Here is the update: 19.12 lbs (80th % for weight) and 28 1/4 inches long (90th % in height). No wonder why my arms is toning up! =) I am so proud of my lil' bug growing stronger everyday. He got 3 shots. Poor thing! And a blood test on his finger to check for iron. It was low. So I need to start giving him vitamins with iron in it. His belly button is a lot better than it was but what bother me was a funny pink hard part on his belly button. The doctor check it and said probably will have surgery. Just a small snip to fix. Conner will be an outpatient so no overnight stay. Yay! We got scheduled to visit the doctor on Friday (April 22). All the doctor is going to do is to check on the belly button and see if Conner needs surgery. Also do some paper work. Yuck!

After the check-up, we went to TARGET!!! I love that store. They have lots of baby stuff! Better than Walmart, or so I think. Conner slept most of the time while we were shopping. Mom and I check out the cute baby clothes and shoes. I wish I had a shopping spree to buy all the cutest stuff! The whole point of going to Target was getting a sippy cup. I finally settle on one. It took forever to decide. Anyway happy 6 months old, Conner! His very first sippy cup!

Afterward, we ate at Zaxby's! If you never had tried Zaxby's before you're missing the true part of the South! They have the best chicken fingers ever. I think it's better than KFC...and just maybe better than Chick-fil-a. But that is another story. Conner sat in a high chair while mom feed him some baby food. Chicken and rice. He did pretty well for his first time eating in a restaurant. We also got amazing birthday shake. It tastes like frosting and batter in a cup. I know it is pack with lots of calories but hey...it's my birth month right? Did I tell you that my birthday is coming up next week? ekkkkk!! =)

That evening, I gave Conner the sippy cup to try out. It was soo funny to see him try to use it. He is learning well. Just keep at it little guy! It has been such a great day! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment