Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A New Name

Growing up, I have always been known as Erica Vance (or Erica June Vance). For some people, they had their name changed for different reasons. Most common ones are by marriage, especially for women who take on their husband's last name. Some may have more than one name or even has a nickname. For me, I got married almost 2 years ago. So my last name had been changed to Green. It's kinda odd & a funny last name to me but it is a simple name. I belong to my husband as he belongs to me. God has blessed our married so much!
Speaking of names, 5 months ago, I recived a new name. It is not about a nickname or permant last name. It is use as a role that someone will call me. It is Mama (or mommy). Mama is a big word for such a small child. It is a word which a child will set the person as a safe haven. Mama is the kind of a person who a child want her to meet all his needs. Mama can give comfort. Mama can feed her child. Mama can teach what is right or wrong. Mama can give love bigger than the moon. It is a very special word. When I was a child, I remember thinking "why does all my friends use the same name as my mom? There is only one mom and I want that word to be only for me to call my mom." Yes, it is odd for children to use the same word, "mom". Can you imagine a whole room full of moms and a child yelling MOM!!!!! Probably every women will run to this chilld to see what is wrong. haha! Anyway, I just had a deep thought about it. I am very glad I a special new name. Thank you God for giving me a role of being a mama!

"A mother is a woman who has conceived, given birth to, or raised a child in the role of a parent." -Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment