Thursday, March 15, 2012

Red Nail Polish and Black Olives

It's the small things that reminded me a lot of my grandma Swaim and grandma Vance. It's black olives and red nail polish. Sure, those two does not sound good the same sentence but let me tell you why.

When I was little about 2or 3 maybe older. My grandma Vance used to pop some black olives on my all of my fingers including my brother and my cousins who are close age. We would walk around and eat them one by one. Then run back to grandma for some more black olives. It sure kept us busy. I still remember doing that myself as I got older. You just had to! So tonight, Conner got to experience the same joy, by eating the black olives that sits on his fingers. His face was in awe when he realized that he can walk around with two black olives that sits on his index fingers. It was so adorable to see him run to show it to his daddy (who by the way, really hates black olives, hee hee!). Of course, Conner couldn't resist and ate the olives quickly. :)

After Conner had his snack, he went to bed early, ok maybe not so early. I had some free time to watch a 50's theme movie. It inspired me paint my nails. I chose red! It has been what?...10-15 years since I had a red nail polish. It looks so cherry and shiny like an apple. Looking at it made me smile and I thought about my grandma Swaim. She loved having a red nail polish on her fingernails and sometimes on her toenails. I used to think that I could never wear it like her because it looks amazing on her. I was the kind of person who would wear sky blue or maybe a little bit of dark pink here and there. Red was classy! I'm happy that I chose that color.

...like I said, it's the small things that gives me sweet memories of my grandmothers. :) I love you grandma Swaim and I really miss you grandma Vance.

No comments:

Post a Comment