Friday, March 9, 2012

Pineapple Cake, Steaks and Family Time

Last night, BG and I grilled some dinner for my parents and my grandparents. We had steaks, beef rice, salad, mixed fruit and end it with a yummy pineapple cake! It was so sweet to watch Conner give my grandma lots of hugs and play with my grandpa's walking cane. BG taught grandpa how to play Yahtzee's. Then BG, grandpa and I played a round of game. It was a nice relaxing evening. My grandma said it was nice to get out of the her house and spend some quality time. She really had enjoyed watching Conner being mischievous, playful and sweet. I love spending some time with my family!

Here's a recipe for making a pineapple cake. It's from my great grandmother Swaim. It's so easy to make and tastes good too!

Pineapple cake:
2 cups of flour
2 cups of sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. of baking soda
1 tsp. of vanilla
1 can of crushed pineapple with juice
mixed well and pour into a 13" x 9" baking pan (pre-sprayed ). Bake at 350 degree for 20-35 minutes or untile done. It depends on your stove. Remove to cool when a toothpick comes out clean. 

Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 cups of powered sugar
1 block of cream cheese-soften
1 tbls. of milk
1 tsp. of vanilla

mixed well and spread on the cooled cake. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment