Sunday, March 4, 2012

Family Fun Day

Yesterday morning, my family and I head out to grab a couple of freebies. Yep. We didn't even sleep in because I was excited to get some free stuff! First, we got my printed coupon to ACE hardware store and got 1-quart paint for free! It's dark cherry red! Boy! I cannot wait to use this paint. I love to paint, can't you tell? BG also bought a few small samples in pastel colors, just in case I want to use it. Then we headed to Hobby Lobby. One of my favorite craft stores! We bought some fabric for making kids apron and curtains, some pearls for making bracelets, a can of chalkboard paint and a can of magnet spray. Yes, MAGNET! I'm already getting ideas of what to do with it. Recently, I bought a kids' play kitchen that is made of wood (from Goodwill for 8 bucks). I was thinking of spray paint the magnet on the doors and then use the chalkboard paint on top to coat it. The magnet paint acts like a primer. This should be fun for the kids to put magnet letters on the kitchen doors. I really hope it will work out great. I will blog about that project in the future.

Then we went to the mall and let Conner lose at the indoor playground. Conner had so much watching the kids and exploring. It was different to see him being more independent than at home. I noticed that he babbles with his hands instead of using his voice. I guess he thought everyone knows sign language. heehee!  After wearing out the engery, we walk briskly to get our free soft pretzels. The line was already starting to form and blocking a few stores' door down the line. Lucky, it was moving quickly. The workers were expecting a large crowd to claim their free pretzels. I LOVE Auntie Anne's pretzels! It's bad for you but it's oh so good! We got a starbuck drink with my giftcard. Yes for a FREE drink! Then BG took Conner to ride on the caresouel. It seem that Conner wasn't that impressed as we thought but he did seem like he had fun! I wish he was old enough to sit for an hour and half to take him to Dr. Seuss' new movie, The Lorax. I guess we'll have to wait in a few more years.

After hanging at the mall, we went to Target instead of going to lunch first because we were still full from our soft pretzels. Unfortunately, we forgot our stroller and Conner fell asleep in the car. We decided to try lying him down in a shopping cart on pile of blankets and coats. Surprisingly, he did nap for over an hour! I was surprised because Target became busy and noisy. We got a few things for his new room. A big rug that was on sale for $14, a humidifier and a watering can for Conner to play with when Spring comes. I also got a smaller rug for my bedside for $2.88! And two books for pleasure reading. Soul Surfer and The Hunger Game (1st one). I'm excited about the first book but the 2nd one, I'm a little nervous about what to expect from it. Have you read it?

Finally, we went home with some take-out calzones from Johnny's New York Pizza. It was delicious! I really had enjoy family fun day with my boys! Spending some quality time with my boys really does make me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment