Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentine's Cookies

Happy Valentine's weekend! We decided to make valentine's cookies. yay! Here's the recipe we used. Soft sugar cookies! It was a mess! I burnt the first batch of the cookies. Typical! So BG helped me out with the rest of the batch. It turn out awesome! I considered him the baker in the family. Making the cookies took us a lot longer than we had thought. We had to firm it up in the fridge. Then Conner took a nap, we start cleaning out the storage and so forth. That's why Conner was wearing different clothes in some of the pictures. At the end it was all worth it because it was our first cookies that we had made together! We end our evening by watching a "Charlie Brown's Valentine" while eating our yummy cookies!
This is what the cookies suppose to look like...

what my 1st batch looked like...

I'm ready to make a MESS!

can I help?

let me taste it. hmm...(He's a weird kid. Eating flour??)

daddy, it needs more sugar!

let's squish it!

cutting heart shaped cookies with mommy

Piping the frosting!

This is Conner's cookie!
Don't these look really good? I didn't have enough room
for the word " Be mine" so I said "Be my". Whatever lol!

1 comment:

  1. I cracked up laughing at the "what the cookies are supposed to look like and the what our first batch looked like" pictures! :D

    I also LOVE the picture of Conner looking at the camera! CUTE! :)

    ReplyDelete