Monday, February 13, 2012

Showers of Valentine's gifts!

Ok, so I told my husband that I don't want any chocolates or flowers. I would like something different & unique. He went out tonight with my son to the mall. It was nice and quiet in my house. I had some me time by reading a book, practicing on my drawing skills, watching a old movie and texting to my cousin. It was such a nice & relaxing evening. Very much needed. Then...the boys came home. First, Conner showed me his Valentine's gift that daddy got for him. A mickey mouse plush! He looks so adorable carrying the plush around. Then, here comes the showers of gifts that the boys got for me. I was so surprised with what they had picked out. I love it all!

A huge shiny crock pot!

Funny story: This was the first thing that BG had purchased. The lady cashier told him "oh...I hope that this is not your Valentine's gift to someone special.". Of course not, BG had to tell the lady that it kinda is but it's more of a joke. We recently had to buried our former good ol' crock pot because it fell and broke into halves. So ta-da! Here's a new FAMILY-SIZE crock pot! I think he is trying to tell me something. I hope that I'm not going to be the only one using it to make dinner for a big family. :)

$15 Starbucks gift card!

BG knows my obsessions with Starbuck's awesome flavored coffee. On the card, it says "coffee=love" and I think so!
After that, this is when I thought OK that is all. Nice gifts! BUT noooooo....here comes more!



A lovely pair of red TOMs shoes!
Oh Toms!! This is the main reasons why I had asked BG for no flowers & chocolates. I'll like something red to wear on my feet. :) I never had owned a pair of Toms before but have heard it's really comfortable. Plus, for every pair of shoes that are bought, the company will donate another new pair of shoes to the kids in a 3rd world county. It's a pretty awesome way to help support those in needs. Did you know that kids can't go to school without shoes? It's sad to know that they have no money to buy a pair so they lose the chance to have an education. Read more about Toms here.

My new teavana container with fresh herbs for making teas!
This is very unique thing for me. Tea. I'm learning to love it! Making tea reminded me a lot of my old boss that I used to work for at my University. She always made tea and coffee for her students in the afternoon. We feel so elegant! This is my very first try at making my own tea without teabags. I already made a cup of tea and it's wonderful! It has citrus, lavenders and white tea. I added a little bit of hazelnut half n' half & sugar. Whoa! It really makes a differences! That taste reminded me a lot of the infamous Bubble Tea. A popular milk tea in Asia countries. The only thing missing are those little black chewy beans! What is bubble tea?

So that's my Valentine's gifts. BG told me to be ready to go tomorrow at 4:10pm, when he gets home from work tomorrow night. I have no clue what where we're going but it should be fun because I get to be with the one that I love! :) BG and Conner are my favorite Valentines!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment