Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Encouragment Jar

Last Christmas, I decided to participate with the secret sisters program with my church ladies. I think this is the first time I ever got involved with a church's secret sister program. Each of us draw a name in secret. It's our person for a year until our next Christmas party. It takes time & dedication give encouragements and notes to whoever I have. For example: send a birthday card, write a encouraging note, remind her I'm praying for her and so forth. I prayed about doing this and I really want to make my sister feel special this year. I was very exciting to surprise my secret sister with something different than a traditional card.

So my first project idea came from pinterest. It's a jar full of origami paper stars. Click here to learn more about making these cute little guiding stars.

When you unwrap a star, it reveals an encouraging note such as "you are extraordinary!" along with a bible verse "I am fearfully & wonderfully made." I made 45 stars. Some of them has bible verses, some famous quotes, a few funny jokes and "You are...". I wanted my sister to pick a star whenever she is having a bad day or if she needed an encouraging note. I wanted her to feel special. This will last almost all year long. Unless she wants to open it all in one week. Maybe that is all she needed. Man! I wish someone will make me one because these are so fun to do and write. Yes, it took some time in making this but it is well worth it. God encouraged me to make something special. I also filled the jar with chocolate candies. You can't go wrong with chocolates! Unless she is allergic to it...then I'm in trouble! haha! Here's my cute little jar! My secret sister's favorite color is blue. I used two scrapbook papers. Only 0.19 cents each at Michael's!


No comments:

Post a Comment