Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Weaning Off

Last Thanksgiving was the official day I complete wean Conner off breastfeeding. Or let's say he did. He was so busy having fun witg eating new food and playing. I was really proud of him to not fuss over the need to be close. We started to wean around his birthday and took small steps toward weaning. For example: the best time to wean is during his least favorite meal time. Instead, we give replacement milk (a.k.a the cow's milk).

After not having to breastfeed for about 2 weeks, my milk supply became really full. I felt sore in places where it's hard for me to sleep. I was wondering when will it ever go away. Eventually, I stop leaking and it was less sore. This is a very new experience for me. It was weird not having Conner to come & do his regular feeding. Yes, there are times when I miss it but boy! I was happy to say "I'm free!!" don't get upset over this. This was my choice to wean iff at this age. I congrats to those who continues to breastfeed their child until the age of two (or older). Conner is very special to me but having to continue breastfeeding is hard on me, especially since we will be traveling for for the holidays. The bond between us was a rocky start but God gave me a blessing later on with not having to use a shield. Thank you Lord for your amazing design on how children get their daily needs. May they always be bless with Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment