Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Art of Worship

Art can mean a lot of things. Colors, visual, music and acting. I think "worship" is a very beautiful form of art. Don't forget, David from Psalms, praised God because he is fearfully & wonderfully made. He danced before the Lord. He wrote music and poems to express his heart. He worshiped God in his own art. As for me, I worship God in my own version of art. Painting, drawing, cooking, creating & especially using sign language to the music. I love it! It makes me want to stay up all night and create another DVD music in sign language!

Speaking of worship, last night, I went to my 1st ladies' church meeting. Ok, so what does that got to do with worship or art? Well, they had a "sign language for dummies" class. It was so much fun! Yes, learning sign language was hard for some of the ladies but they tried their hardest. We did the ABC's, intro to names, few basic signs such as "please" & "thank you". One of my favorite part was we learned a song, "We Bow Down". It is a very simple song to teach. When I saw all of the ladies signing to such a simple song, I was blessed! I was so blessed to see that they were willing to worship God in a new language. I'm telling you...it was very beautiful to see such an art that God created. So when I got home, I started singing to Conner and leaded his hands for signing then signed it myself. He was in awe. That hit me. I haven't had a chance to just sit down with him and teaching him a song in sign language, especially about worshiping God. Yes, I used to do "Jesus Loves Me" and "Stand up for Jesus" and so forth. I want Conner to know that God loves him, always. He will carry Conner through his fears, his happiest & his saddest times. I want him to know that he can worship God any time that he wants to. What a better song to start with than this, "We Fall Down"? What's your art?

No comments:

Post a Comment