Friday, May 11, 2012

My Cell Phone Choice

Please the article first before process to read the rest of my post.

"How to miss a childhood" by HANDS FREE MAMA

"Each minute of every day, we are presented with a choice on how we spend our moments. We can either miss the moments or grasp them."--Rachel Stafford
This is one of a similar reason on why I gave up having a cell phone. It started last year February 2011. To be honest, I love having a cell phone to text my friends and family while I stayed home with Conner. By February, I got a iPod touch for a Valentine's gift. It's a pretty neat technology. But having a iPod touch AND a cell phone? It was taking a lot of my time and concern on carrying both handheld devices everywhere I went.

After the two or three weeks went by, I felt too attached to my cell phone. Kinda like I had to survive with it. It was causing me too much distraction from learning about my baby. By that time, my cell phone charger had died and I couldn't find a replacement. I felt the Lord telling me to give up on having a cell phone. I knew it's was the quickest way for people to contact me but since we moved from Chattanooga, I have been getting less and less texts. I started to get sad because I miss having a daily conversation with my friends back in Chattanooga. Pretty soon, I didn't need it. I only used it to talk to my mom and my hubby.

So, after a deep conversation with my husband, I decided to give up the cell phone. I think it was one of the best decision I ever did. I felt so much better afterward! I didn't feel the need to check my phone every hour or so forth. I didn't have to worry about paying my monthly phone bills. I gave more attention to my baby. Don't get me worry, I did not leave my baby alone. I just felt that my mind were more involve with him after letting go the cell phone. Maybe my readers who are parents will understand what I mean. Anyhow, I often received emails from long distance friends who asked me why I didn't have a phone contact. My story may sound strange to them but it works with me. I can still check my emails through my iPod but I don't have to pay for it. Yeah!! Sure, there are days when I wanted to send a quick text to my husband to bring home some pizza but it's one of the good reasons to work on our relationship more. He usually guesses what I want for dinner right, most of the time. ;) Oh by the way, to get a hold of me, you have to go through my husband. I hope this helps you understand where I stand. I also encourage you to spend less time in the technology world and more time investing in your child's, a spouse's or a friend's life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment