Sunday, April 29, 2012

Blue Ridge Train Ride

It's my birthday...I'm not telling you my age. But I can promise you that I'm not 25 anymore. ;) My hubby took Conner and I to Blue Ridge, GA. We rode on the train to the state border between TN and GA. We explored two cute little tourist towns and bought some wonderful fudge! It was great to spend some time in the mountains and with my boys!

So excited for his first train ride!

Waiting for the train to move

Daddy's first time too!

We're moving! He was pretty surprised!

Lovely breeze from the open window

Meeting the train's conductor! He is so nice and friendly.
He kinda looks like the conductor from Polar Express movie. haha!



worn down barn.

side view of the train

Bridge by our patio
Duck in the water by our patio at a restaurant.

Cool!
Neat signs!

We're standing on the GA/TN line

Yes, my Toms made it!

FRESH FUDGE!!!

Our tradtional to get a pressed penny from places we have been to.
We got the train pressed.

Yummy ice cream!
He was happy to get back on the train again!

So sweet!

This looks like I'm in a old movie.

Watching the world go by!

beautiful landscape

The start of the downtown Blue Ridge, GA.

I'm not sure what I'm doing...I promise I'm not trying to lick the train.

Our train, the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway!
Well, Amish stuff at Ace's hardware store. This is something I don't see everyday.

All tuckered out!

So many choices!

Coke always tastes better in a coke glass!

I love the wood work

We picked 5 different kinds of fudge for a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment