Saturday, February 4, 2012

Homemade Poptarts

After looking on my pins on my pinterest last night, I decided that I want to make homemade pop tarts today. Perfect day for a raining Saturday evening. I'm not really a big fan of pop tarts. I'm more of a filling kinda gal. I like anything gooey! My husband usually likes to buy a box of pop tarts from the store as treat. I don't like them that much only because the pastries are too dry to eat alone. I usually toast a pop tart & slab on some butter and drink a glass of cold milk afterward. Brian thought the butter part was weird but whatever!

Here's the recipe that I used. Homemade pop tarts! What's cool is I could either make them savory or sweet. All I had was blueberry/blackberry jam, strawberry jam and nutella. My son and I already glob up the strawberry mix with nutella. IT WAS SO GOOD!! I couldn't believe how yummy those pop tarts could be. Quick, go run in the kitchen and make some today!
the dough

mix it up and cut it into equal size
Someone gave a good tip...roll it on 9 x 13 pan for the right size 
adding the jellies after brushing it with "glue" (egg)

add the 2nd roll-out dough ontop. then close the ends shut with a fork.
Dont forget to poke holes on top to let air vent out or you'll have a puffy tart.
bake and enjoy!

 Next time, I'm gonna see if I can make them pizza savory! Those would be great for a mid-snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment