Wednesday, January 18, 2012

No Sound

Grr! My cochlear implant (hearing aid) had been having some weird problems. I never had that problem before for the last 10 years. The CI kept shutting off by itself. I already had replaced a part of the CI and ordered a new battery charger. It didn't help. It made me frustrating sometimes because I really want to hear some sounds. Some of the time I think I'm fine not hearing anything. Then it comes to nap time...I'm so glad that Lynn and Don bought us a baby monitor. I never had the need for it until now. Then when it comes to watching a new movie or wanting to listen to the music. I can't do anything about hearing it. It already had been about 2 weeks of not hearing anything. Almost 2 months of on n' off problem. I miss hearing Conner laughing and watching a movie with sounds on. It's hard to wait and find out if the CI company can repair it. I hope it won't cost me too much money or at least let's hope that my insurance will cover it.

On the positive side, I am able to every day regular stuff. Go food shopping, play with my kids, and talk to my husband. Even though, there was some rough spots in our communication I'm really glad that my hubby has patience with me. I kept saying "what? I can't understand your signing". This really challenge him to sharpen his skills and pay attention to give clear signing than being "sloppy". Thanks darling, if you're reading this. =)

Anyway, please pray that I can get this CI fix soon. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment