Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Less of a Newborn, More of an Infant

I was having some flashback moments when I was cleaning Conner's changing table. I found a bag of REALLY SMALL baby bottles that we brought home from the hospital. It only carries 4 oz. of liquid. We used it when we had to bottle feed him when he was not latching on well. I had to show it to Brian. I said "oh my goodness, don't you remember when you fed him at the hospital when you sat in the rocking chair?". Of course, Brian just smiled and nodded. I knew he was feeling the same. It's pretty neat to see how much Conner has grew from eating 2 to 4 oz. of milk to eating 6 to 10 oz. of milk plus some baby cereal and food. Feeding time went from every 2 hours for the first 2 or 3 months to eating every 3 to 4 hours (or maybe more if we're lucky).

Sleep...sigh* it's like a roller coaster. When it's going up, we think that Conner is doing great with sleeping longer at night and getting good naps during the day. When it's going down...well you know the differences. Sleep. That word is like gold. I'm not kidding. It sure would be nice to get some good naps and sleep in on Saturdays. Although, I enjoyed waking up at 8 or 8:30am to my baby's smiling face. It's the little things that makes me forget all about wanting to sleep longer.

What's the differences between a newborn and infant?

Newborns- They are so small & fragile. They requires a lot of sleep. They need frequents caring such as making sure they are well-fed and have a clean diaper on. They observes by watching, listening and feeling you.

Infants- They usually can spread out their schedule for feeding & changing diapers. Their everyday life becomes routine. They have a better attention to the world around them. They would do anything to get their hands on whatever they can reach (my dog is starting to learn that Tank can grab onto her long ears. ouch!).

I'm sure there are more to this list but I'm not going to list them all. I realized Tank is already an infant. He is well on his way to becoming a toddler in a few years. I just love watching him play in the tub & making a mess. I love watching him observe and listen to his dvd music. I love seeing that Conner is practicing his motor skills with his toys and pacy. He is even learning how to use his voices and I hope some sign language too. And get this, my son learned how to get someone to pick him up. Oh here we go! He was sitting on my lap tonight while watching his daddy talk next to me. Suddenly, he reached both of his arms out toward him. BG picked him up and Tank gave him the sweetest hug ever! I did not expect this! How SWEET!! I guess people are right. Embrace & enjoy your newborns/infants now while you still can. Take lots of pictures. You can never have enough! =)

love it when he smiles when daddy comes home!

I wonder what he is thinking...

hey cutie!
love the light in his eyes

Tank*



No comments:

Post a Comment