Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blue Bird & White Polka Dots!

I have been itching to do something creative. I love to paint. So I decided to get this old pottery bird from my parents' garden & paint it blue. Blue is my favorite color. Polka dots makes everything fun! I recently got a cute rug on sale for $3 so the bird pretty much matches well! My kitchen looks so much fun to look at. Here are the step by steps pictures.

  • Acrylic paint(s) in your favorite color (makes sure its not gloss unless you want shiny and if you want to have your painted pottery outside, get a waterproof & fade resist if possible.)
  •  A pottery of your choice
  • paintbrush
  • cup of water (to rise the paint off your paintbrush
  • a paper towel
  • sandpaper *optional
First, sand off any old paint on the pottery. I didnt have any sandpaper but I did used an old dish brush. Wash any dirt/sand off so that it will be clean to brush on. Dirt will pick the paint off after its dried. Make sure you dry off your pottery before painting.

before painting

it is in the process of drying. Make sure you give it at least 2 coat to give a soild color.

The paint is all dried. Give any touch up if needed. I also painted the bottom.

I decided to add really small polka dots to random feather shapes.
I did not want to make the dots to big. The focus is on the bird itself. 

All done! Now isnt that cute?
Hey it matches my rug! LOL

p.s. my rug is magic! If you stand on the rug & wash the dishes you will be happy, especially your feet! =) Hope you are inspired to do something creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment