Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thunderstorm...Don't Be Afriad.

For the last few days we have been getting a lot of rains. Don't get me wrong, I do love thunderstorms. I just don't like the freezing cold weather that comes with it. Recently, I bought some really cute baby Spring causal clothes such as blue surfing board shirt and plaids shorts to go with it. Also a new overall! I couldn't resit not getting a summer overall jeans! Conner is only a baby once. I couldn't wait for Conner to try it out and take pictures. But it has been too cold for Spring clothes. Next week, the temperature should go from 50's to 80's! Alright, bring on the SUN!!=)

Last weekend, we had a big thunderstorm. I literally woke up from feeling the thunder. I saw a lot of flashing lights that made me feel like I'm sitting in a photo studio. While I was nursing my baby, I thought how nice it is to cuddle together safe and warm. It made me think of my heavenly Father how He loves to "cuddle" with us in His arms, safe and warm. I remembered a verse that I had memorized a few years back.
 "When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet. Do not be afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken."  Proverbs 3:24-26
Remember, God is telling us not to be afraid. He is asking us to not to worry but to trust in Him. He promises us that we can sleep sweetly when we give away all our fears to God. I smiled when I thought of this. My baby is sleeping so sweetly because he trusts his daddy & mama that we will keep him safe. Just as I trust in God that He too will keep both of us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment